FM998 NOTIFIER, DR HOLDER QUADV REC WALL.
FM998 NOTIFIER Series electromagnetic door holders are designed for virtually any remote door release application. They are primarily used to hold fire and smoke barrier doors open until released by a remote smoke detector or other switching device.
The complete assembly consists of: an armature contact plate with adjustable pivot mounting for installation in the door, and a heavy-duty electromagnet, in a durable plastic enclosure, mounted on the wall or floor behind the door. A separate closing device is required.
- All models support 12 VDC, 24 VAC/VDC, or 120 VAC.
- Improperly applied voltage does not damage the unit.
- Spacing kit for odd angles.
- 25 to 40 pounds (11.3 kg) holding power.
- Magnet protected against transients and surges up to 600volts (AC models).
- Fail-safe operation; power failure releases door to close.
- Positive release button initiates closing motion.
- Two-year warranty.
- Floor- and wall-mount models.
- Used in hospitals, schools, offices, nursing homes, and public buildings.
- Install where required by code, where doors may be used to confine smoke or fire, or wherever remote control or automatic closing doors are required.
- Ensure that door hardware and trim projections are compatible with total projection of door release.
- Anchor the electromagnet firmly, as the wall portion will function as a doorstop.