Honeywell’s 5808W3 is a 3V lithium powered, photoelectronic smoke/heat detector with a built-in wireless transmitter. It is intended for use with any 5800 Series Wireless Receiver/Transceiver for residential installations (for commercial installations, the 5881ENHC or the 5883H receiver is required).
The transmitter can send alarm, tamper, maintenance (when control panels are equipped to process maintenance signals), and battery condition messages to the system’s receiver. Smoothing algorithms minimize nuisance alarms by smoothing out short term spikes from dust and smoke – virtually eliminating nuisance alarms.
Since there are no holes to drill or wires to run, you can preserve the beauty of the building while protecting it. The 5808W3 is an ideal smoke detector for those difficult to wire locations, applications where room aesthetics are critical, or where hazardous materials exist.
All models also feature a restorable, built-in, fixed temperature (135°F) thermal detector that is also capable of sensing a pre-freeze condition if the temperature is below 41°F.
• Improved Robust RF Field Strength
• Smoothing Algorithms
spikes from dust and smoke
• Smart Check
service call to clean the detector before it goes into alarm.
• Drift Compensation
• Removable Detector Cover and Chamber Top
• Approved UL Listings for Residential and Commercial Applications
• Additional LED Status Indicators
A green LED denotes a normal condition while the red LED indicates abnormal conditions.
• Easy-to-install Mounting Base
(i.e. stucco). The mounting base has larger mounting ports, which accommodate drywall anchors
for easy surface mounting.
• Utilizes one long-life 3V lithium battery
• Microcontroller runs on a 4.0 MHz clock
• Horn operates at 3.3 KHz with sound pressure level of 85 dBA at 10 feet
• Built-in wireless transmitter, temporal code 3 sounder
• Maintenance signal fully complies with the sensitivity test requirement specified in NFPA
72, 7-2.2 and is approved by UL