DVC-RPU Notifier Digital Remote Paging Unit.
The DVC-RPU is a digital Remote Paging Unit for applications that require a compact remote paging station for emergency, fire, or general paging, initiation of automatic messages, vectored pages, and control capabilities for up to 24 points. One or many DVC-RPUs can be installed on the Digital Audio Loop of a DVC, each taking up one DAL address. Large systems can be configured with hundreds of DVC-RPU stations using multiple DVCs on NOTI•FIRE•NET™. The use of wire media is supported by the base product, and multi-mode fiber, single-mode fiber, or hybrid combinations can be configured using DS-FM series fiber conversion modules.
A DVC-RPU paging station may be configured using the following separately orderable components.
- DVC-RPU, which includes the keypad/display
- CMIC-RP microphone and microphone well
- CAB-RP(R) small wall mounted cabinet
- DVC Programming for associated DVC-RPUs is accomplished using VeriFire® Tools version 6.7 or higher.
- Up to three programmable message priority levels determined by site programming may be used to allow high-priorityemergency pages to override lower priority general pages.
- 24 programmable buttons may be used for a range of functions, including:
– Control for vectored pages.
– Control for HVAC shutdown, door release, or other emergency functions.
– Initiation of recorded messages and other event bannunciation.
– Annunciation of activation or trouble for audio zones or other points.
- Electrically isolated digital audio ports for direct connection with up to 32 Digital Audio Loop (DAL) devices. Style 4 or 7.
- Optional DS-RFM, DS-FM, and DS-SFM fiber modules maybe used to convert one or both Digital Audio Ports for operation with single-mode or multi-mode fiber.
- Up to 32 DVC-RPUs are supported per DVC. Each DVC-RPU assumes one DAL address.
- Distribution via NOTI•FIRE•NET™ of one channel of standard-level paging audio on NOTI•FIRE•NET™.
- Can be configured with the CAB-RP(R) and CMIC-RP to create a small wall-mounted remote paging station with control functions.
Listings and Approvals
The listings and approvals below apply to the DVC-RPU, CABRP(R), and CMIC-RP. In some cases, certain modules may not be listed by certain approval agencies, or listing may be in process. Consult factory for latest listing status.
- UL Listed: S635.
- CSFM: 7165-0028-0224 (with NFS2-3030).
- Fire Dept. of NY: COA#6114 (with NFS2-3030).