• Sends alarm and test signals from the receiver to the central console
• Supports a combined total of 64 receivers and alert units
• Uses AC power with battery backup for all receivers
• Provides power to SE485 interface and spread spectrum radio
• Monitors receivers and alert units ten times per second for alarms, tests, tamper notification, and power loss
The EA500B Transponder is a device controller for up to 64 devices, any combination of receivers and alert units. Its primary function is to monitor the receivers and alert units and report conditions and events to the central console over wire or ProxLink radios. It also provides power to certain devices.